Pope Plastic Surgery: George Pope, MD, FACS
2629 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
Phone: (407) 857-6261
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
While their goals and reasons for wanting breast implants differ, the women who choose board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. George Pope for breast augmentation in Orlando, FL, have one thing in common: they consistently achieve results that allow them to feel more confident and beautiful. This is because Dr. Pope listens to what they want, helps them form realistic expectations about their results, and has the experience and talent necessary to provide attractive, natural-looking outcomes perfectly fitted to each woman.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.OK
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation, sometimes called a boob job, is a procedure that Orlando patients age 18 and up choose for a variety of personal reasons, which commonly include:
- Making naturally small breasts larger and more shapely
- Filling out breasts that have lost volume after pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss
- Balancing breasts that are different sizes and shapes
- Filling out dresses, tops, and swimsuits
Because breast augmentation does not take care of significant sagging, Dr. Pope may recommend combining a breast lift with your procedure. Women who want a combination of improvements with a single surgery add breast augmentation to their mommy makeovers.
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Pope Plastic Surgery, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews
What Is the Best Type of Breast Implant?
The best type of breast implant varies between patients and will depend on your unique goals, preferences, and budget. Dr. Pope will discuss the pros and cons of each implant type during your consultation.
- Silicone gel: Silicone is a lighter fill option that looks and feels more like natural breast tissue; they’re available for women age 22 and older.
- Highly cohesive silicone gel: Also known as “gummy bear” implants, highly cohesive silicone is a firmer silicone option that retains its shape even if the outer shell is broken.
- Saline: Consisting of sterile salt water, saline implants are used less commonly among patients today. They are available for those who are over 18 years of age.
How Do You Choose Breast Implant Size?
Dr. Pope can recommend an implant size that will best provide the breast size you would like to be. Our practice has implant sizers that you can place in your bra to get an idea of how you will look at different sizes.
- Smaller: Women with less pre-existing breast tissue or those seeking more subtle results may be better suited to a smaller implant.
- Larger: Patients with a larger body structure or who wish to add more volume could benefit from a larger implant size.
What’s the Difference Between High and Low Profile Implants?
The profile of a breast implant is the measurement of how far it projects from the chest wall. This effect can be seen most clearly when the breasts are viewed from the side.
- Lower profile: Less projection from the chest wall and a more subtle, natural-looking result.
- Higher profile: More noticeable volume and more dramatic results.
George Pope, MD, FACS
Dual Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Respected by patients and other physicians, Dr. Pope has been serving the Orlando area for over 30 years. Whether you're considering enhancement of your face, breasts, or body, he has the training, talent, and experience necessary to achieve the attractive results you want.
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Experienced breast surgeon Dr. Pope performs most breast augmentation procedures as outpatient surgeries in the Orlando office building’s private, AAAASF-certified surgical center. Anesthesia is administered under the care of a board-certified anesthesiologist. While he personalizes each procedure to the patient, Dr. Pope generally performs breast augmentation as follows:
- Incisions are placed along the breast crease where they are naturally hidden (inframammary incision). In some cases, he places the incisions along the lower border of the areola (periareolar incision).
- A space for the breast implant is created underneath the chest muscle.
- A breast implant is inserted into each pocket using the Keller Funnel®. This device, which looks like a pastry bag, prevents the implants from contamination while they are inserted. The Keller Funnel also allows Dr. Pope to insert the implants through the smallest possible incisions.
- Dr. Pope will make sure he has achieved the desired breast size and shape.
- Exparel® will be applied to the surgical areas for long-lasting pain control.
- The incisions will be closed with sutures and steri-strips.
- A surgical bandage will be wrapped around your chest.
Are Breast Implants Safe?
Like any surgery, breast augmentation comes with potential risks and rewards. Some patients’ bodies don’t take well to the presence of implants, and others may experience complications from the surgery itself.
However, statistically, the likelihood of complications is low. This is especially true if the procedure is performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is trained in proper safety precautions.
Does Breast Augmentation Hurt?
After surgery, discomfort is usually minimal because the pain control from Exparel lasts about 3 days. Swelling is normal as is a feeling of tightness across the chest.
How Long Does It Take to Recover From Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Patients are typically ready to return to non-strenuous work and school in about 10 to 14 days. You will have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Pope after a week; he encourages you to call with any concerns you may have before that time. Visit our Resources page to review patient instructions for preparing for breast augmentation and recovery.
How Should I Sleep After Breast Augmentation?
To reduce swelling, sleep with your upper body elevated for the first week after surgery. You can prop yourself up with extra pillows or sleep in a recliner.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach for at least a month.
Will My Breast Implant Scar Be Noticeable?
The appearance of your scar will depend on the location of your incision. At our practice, most incisions are placed along the breast crease underneath the breast. The natural shape of the breast itself usually hides the scar from view.
When Can I Exercise After Breast Augmentation?
Most patients are ready to return to work within 10 to 14 days and resume light exercise in a month as directed by Dr. Pope. It’s important to stand and walk around slowly at least 3 times a day for the first month.
Can I Breastfeed After Breast Augmentation?
Yes, the majority of women can breastfeed after breast augmentation. If you are concerned about breastfeeding after surgery, Dr. Pope can customize your incision style and implant location to best protect any milk ducts or specialized tissue.
How Long Will it Take to See My Final Breast Augmentation Results?
After breast augmentation, patients are excited to return home with fuller breasts. Initially, the implants will be somewhat high and tight on the chest due to swelling and tightness of the muscles and skin. As swelling subsides and tissues relax, the implants will “drop and fluff” into more natural and soft contours. At 6 weeks your breasts should look and feel much better, and at 3 months you should have reached your final, beautiful results.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation in the Orlando area depends on several factors, including the type of implant used and whether other procedures are included in the surgery. We will provide you with a personalized quote after your consultation. Your pricing will include all fees and routine pre- and post-op care for a full year. Pope Plastic Surgery is proud to offer financing with CareCredit® to help make breast augmentation even more affordable.
Can Breast Augmentation Surgery Be Combined With Other Procedures?
Yes, breast augmentation can be easily combined with other breast and body treatments. Many women combine their breast augmentation with a breast lift to reduce sagging or drooping. Others incorporate implants with their mommy makeover procedure to restore youthful breast volume.
What’s My Next Step?
Are you ready to discover the difference 30 years of dedicated experience as a plastic surgeon can make in your care and results? Request a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. George Pope using our online form or call at (407) 857-6261 for an appointment.
Back to Top