Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is the procedure for removing tissues and skin from the breasts to reduce its size or improve its shape. Most of the people who opt to have breast reduction are women, but it can also be done for men. If you are considering a breast reduction, consider the following advantages:
- A breast reduction can bring physical and emotional relief, especially for women who feel uncomfortable or embarrassed by the size of their breasts.
- Almost all of the patients who have undergone a breast reduction have no regrets. After the recovery process, they immediately noticed how comfortable and easy it is to move about with smaller breasts.
- Small-to medium-sized breasts are firmer and sag less compared to big, heavy breasts.
- Low self-esteem, anti-social behavior, and derogatory remarks are often listed by patients as the main reasons for having breast reduction surgery.
- Teens, young adults and even middle-aged women report that having large breasts make them feel very conscious of their appearance, especially when wearing bikinis and other fitted or revealing clothes. The unwelcome attention to their chest, plus the tight fit of the clothes all add up to their stress.
- Having large breasts can hinder you from participating in rigorous physical activities that you might actually enjoy, such as exercising and sports. The unwanted attention could make you feel self-conscious, thus limiting your movements. On the other hand, even if you’re not conscious, moving too much may cause pain.
- Shopping for clothes when you have large breasts is stressful. For instance, a certain top may fit your arms and hips, but it may not fit your chest.
- Large breasts, especially sizes D or DD and up, could be very uncomfortable. It can cause back pain, neck pain and even posture problems. In some cases, it can even cause skin irritation when the bra straps used are starting to cut and leave red marks on the shoulder. Skin irritation below the breasts is also common.
Breasts that are not proportionate to your height, weight and overall physique can make you look heavier. Even if you’re not overweight, big breasts may give people the impression that you are. Breast reduction will not only improve the size and appearance of your breasts, but it can also make you look significantly slimmer.
Breast reduction surgery can be performed by a licensed Orlando cosmetic surgeon on a patient regardless of her age, as long as the breasts are fully developed. Of course, breast-feeding and childbirth may affect the size and shape of breasts, so you should discuss any plans of having children before undergoing an operation.
Dr. George Pope’s Pope Plastic Surgery provides Central Florida with first-class cosmetic surgery services. With our exceptionally trained staff, we deliver friendly, knowledgeable, and compassionate services that are designed to assist you in your journey towards a better quality of life. When you visit the Pope Plastic Surgery, you will be greeted with our attentive and cordial staff, who will ensure you receive the most outstanding experience possible.