Wrinkle creams may work but there are some treatments that do a better job of reducing wrinkles than wrinkle creams. Here are three treatments which can help reduce wrinkles and skin imperfections without the need for surgery:
- In microdermabrasion treatments, dead and damaged skin cells are removed. This is a form of exfoliation which increases the turnover of skin cells. It also promotes new collagen growth
Non-ablative Laser Resurfacing:
- In this treatment, light energy is used to stimulate collagen synthesis under the skin. This is done without peeling or damaging the epidermis.
Skin Resurfacing Treatments:
- Chemical Peels have acid in them. Chemical peels are used to burn off the outer layer of skin which then reveals a fresh layer of new skin underneath them.
- Chemical peels include superficial peels such as glycolic and alpha-hydroxy peels. These help remove dead skin cells and improve the appearance of your skin.
- Then you have the Medium Peels which contain salicylic or trichloroacetic acid. These peels improve skin texture and also remove fine wrinkle lines but are not as good in correcting deep wrinkles.
- Finally there are deep peels which contain phenol and are very strong peels. They can remove deep wrinkles and correct damaged skin. These require quite a bit recovery time.
Again, always consult with a trained, experienced, and licensed practitioner before undergoing any of these treatments.