Many patients begin their online research with a simple Google search: “how to find the top plastic surgeon in my area.” At my Orlando, FL, practice, I remind patients that skills and experience are important. But what does the title of “top” or “best” plastic surgeon actually mean?
In my 33 years of experience, I’ve walked many patients through this process—and have been honored to be recognized as a top surgeon by Orlando Magazine. No matter where you are in the world, though, good doctors share a few common traits. Here are the most important things you should look for.
Check Their Credentials
When starting your search for a plastic surgeon, the first thing you should investigate is your doctor’s professional history. You want a doctor who is respected by their peers and the rest of the medical community. Major highlights on a CV should include:
- Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- Professional memberships in plastic surgery organizations
- Awards and honors presented by other medical groups
Out of all of these, choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon is one of the most important factors. To reassure my own patients, I publicly list my education and training on my practice website.
Review Their Experience
Just as no two patients are exactly alike, neither are two plastic surgeons. Doctors come from many different walks of life and have varying specialties and areas of interest. Some focus on a certain part of the body, such as the face and neck, while others have a wide range of experience.
- If you’re considering a particular surgery, ask your doctor how often they perform that procedure to learn how comfortable they are with the surgery.
- Ask to see their patients’ before-and-after photos to get an idea of how that experience translates into excellent results. I post dozens of photos of my patients’ results in my photo gallery, and the surgeon you choose should be willing to show their work, too.
To ensure optimal safety and results, I personally perform both plastic surgery and nonsurgical treatments for Orlando men and women. Breast augmentation, BOTOX®, and facelift surgery are some of the most popular options at my practice.
Find Someone You Can Trust
Choosing to undergo plastic surgery isn’t a decision to take likely. It is a serious investment, and you deserve a doctor who will be a trusted partner. At the end of the day, the “best” plastic surgeon in your area is someone who makes you feel supported and understood. I always try to educate my patients during every consultation so they can make empowered, informed decisions.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to find the best plastic surgeon for you. If you would like to discuss your plastic surgery options with me, please request a consultation online or call my office at (407) 857-6261.
Leave a Reply