If you’re considering a facelift, it is likely you would want to know how long the effects will last. In a sense, a facelift provides permanent results, as your facial tissues will always be tighter than if you hadn’t had the surgery. However, the results may fade with time as the aging process continues. How long your facelift will last depends on the procedure, your genetics and your lifestyle.
Traditional facelift techniques, like the ones used at our Orlando cosmetic surgery center, which tighten the underlying tissues and remove excess skin, often provide the longest lasting results. With the right procedure and postoperative care, most patients find that the results last well over a decade.
Several techniques can help your facelift results last for a long time:
- Protect your skin from the sun by applying sunscreen and avoid tobacco and alcohol. These lifestyle factors can contribute to the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Drink lots of water. If your body is hydrated, it has an easier time flushing out waste and minimizing oils, particularly from your face.
- Take care of your face with a regular skincare routine, by washing and moisturizing daily. This will minimize the signs of aging over the long term.
- Other rejuvenation techniques can help you preserve your facelift longer, including Botox, Sculptra and Juvederm.
- Chemical peels can also supplement your current skincare regime.
To ensure that your facelift surgery will last many years, discuss signs of aging with a cosmetic surgeon. Dr. George Pope and his team at our Orlando cosmetic surgery center can answer any questions you may have about facelift surgeries, as well as provide tips on how to make the effects last.
Dr. George Pope’s Pope Plastic Surgery provides Central Florida with first-class Orlando cosmetic surgery services. Our exceptionally trained staff delivers services designed to assist you in your journey toward a better quality of life. When you visit Pope Plastic Surgery, you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate staff, who will ensure you receive the most outstanding experience possible.