If you are one of the many women in America who are considering breast augmentation, then you are no doubt trying to determine if you want saline implants or silicone implants. Saline & silicone implants are the only breast implants that are approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
Dr. George Pope recommends that before you make a decision on the type of implants that you would like, it’s important to educate yourself on the differences of each:
Saline Breast Implants
- Filled with sterile salt water.
- Inserted into the breast empty & filled once in place.
- Offered in two shapes – round or teardrop.
- Smaller incision needed to insert the implant.
- Available to women 18 and older for cosmetic use, and women of any age for reconstruction.
Silicone Breast Implants
- Pre-filled with silicone gel (mimics the feel of human fat).
- Implants have evolved over the years, improving the risk of a leak or shell rupture.
- Smoother & softer to the touch.
- Less likely to wrinkle or wriggle.
Each option has its own benefits and risks, which is why it is important to sit down and discuss which option will suit you best. Dr. George Pope, an Orlando cosmetic surgeon, offers consultations for patients who are looking to begin a breast augmentation procedure. Together, you and Dr. Pope can review your questions and determine the type of implant that will give you the breasts that you have always wanted.
Right now, Pope Plastic Surgery is offering 25 FREE units of Botox for you and 25 for a friend when you have a breast augmentation using silicone implants at our practice.
Dr. George Pope’s Pope Plastic Surgery provides Central Florida with first-class Orlando cosmetic surgery services. With our exceptionally trained staff, we deliver services that are designed to assist you in your journey toward a better quality of life. When you visit the Pope Plastic Surgery, you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate staff, who will ensure you receive the most outstanding experience possible.