Once you’ve decided to undergo an Orlando breast augmentation and have scheduled your surgery date, there are several things you can do to ensure a successful recovery. The professionals at Pope Plastic Surgery have compiled a list of 8 things you should do to prepare for your procedure.
- Make Your Home a Calming Space. Clean thoroughly and put everything away. This not only puts your mind at ease, but reduces the odds that you’ll trip over something during recovery.
- Set Up a Post-Op Recovery Station. Place items near your bedside table that you might need while resting, such as lip balm, bottled water, tissues and baby wipes. Don’t forget the TV remote with a fresh set of batteries.
- Purchase Thick Supportive Pillows. Keeping yourself at a 45 degree angle for three days after the operation is necessary to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Secure Care for Children and Pets. Serving as a primary caregiver for kids or taking the dog for a walk is ideally not part of the recovery process.
- Stock up on the Right Kind of Food. An unfortunate side effect of pain medication and being bed bound is constipation. Canned peaches, water and white grape juice can assist with getting your bowel movements back to normal.
- Put Ice Packs in the Freezer. Your schedule should consist of 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for three days after the surgery.
- Purchase or Prepare Proper Clothing. Make sure to wear shirts or sweaters that button or zip in the front so they can be easily removed without unnecessary stress or pulling.
- Bendy Straws Are Your Friend. They make it easy to sip liquid from any angle.
If you’re interested in learning more about an Orlando breast augmentation procedure or if you have any questions about post-operative care, contact Dr. George Pope and his team at Pope Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation.